Premature Ventricular Contraction (PVC)
Figure 1: ECG Strip
Table 1: ECG Characteristics
- PVCs are a normal electrophysiological phenomenon and rarely require treatment.
- Recurrent PVCs can cause palpitations and "a sense of the heart 'skipping a beat.' "
- PVCs can trigger the onset of Ventricular Tachycardia in patients with underlying predispositions, such as ischaemic heart disease and WPW.
- Premature ventricular contractions [Online image]. (2010). Retrieved July 19, 2016, from http://medlibes.com/entry/premature-ventricular-contractions
- Premature Ventricular Complex (PVC). (n.d.). Retrieved July 27, 2016, from http://lifeinthefastlane.com/ecg-library/basics/pvc/